Friday, January 31, 2020

Hello Bluebird | Thinking of You


Hello dear friends!

Welcome to my front porch where we talk about anything that our hearts fancy!  Today I'm thinking of you and all the encouragement and smiles you send my way here on my blog, Instagram and Facebook.  I want to make sure you know how much I appreciate your visits and love to talk with you.  If you leave a comment, please remember to check the "notification button" on an individual post if you would like to talk about something or ask a question.

Is it to early to share a sweet clean and simple springtime card?  No never! I have several friends who have been on my mind recently.  I've known them for years and they are as much family as they are friends.  This year I'm going to make sure I let them know how much they mean to me with lot's of love tucked inside a handmade card.  I don't know about you, but to many times my cards don't get mailed -- time to remedy that!


Stamp sets and dies used:

How did I create this card:
  • Cut and score a top fold A2 (4.25 x 5.5) piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb. card stock 
  • Cut a second piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb. 3.75 x 5.25 and round two of the corners (your choice which corners)
  • Stamp the Elephant, three butterflies, and watering can on 80 lb Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock with Brutus Monroe (Raven) Detailed Permanent Ink that is alcohol marker safe and waterproof when dry.
  • Color with Copic markers, or your own choice of medium - just remember to pair your medium with the correct paper.  My copic colors are as follows:
    • Elephant = C00, C0, C2 and R00, R01 for inside ears and toenails
    • Watering Can = C00, C0, C2; R01; BV000
    • Butterflies = Y06, Y08; R21, R22; BV000, BV01
  • All florals from the Wildflower Bouquet set are stamped with the Papertrey Ink premium dye inks:
    • Cocoa Bean, Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Lilac Grace, Green Parakeet, and New Leaf
  • Small oval from the Stand Alone set, Stitched Tag Builder, was cut from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb. and slightly inked with the Harvest Gold premium ink.
  • Adhere the small oval with liquid adhesive.
  • Begin placing your elements where you'd like them remembering the little elephant will be popped up with 3M dimensional adhesives last.  I actually adhered the watering can underneath the baby elephant's trunk first and put my 3M adhesives on but didn't take the tacky backing off until I knew exactly where I would place her.
  • Little details - remember last time we talked about little details?  Here we go!
    • Three little butterflies in colors that repeat in the florals
    • And three tiny water droplets in flat jewels from Little Yellow Bicycle or your choice.
    • Gold leaf pen trim around the image panel. 
The gold leaf pen is something I do often when creating a CAS design.  It just gives it that extra something special and I attribute it to my sweet online friend Katie Sims

Thinking of You Close Up
A simple way to tell your friends and family, "I'm thinking of You!"


And now dear friends I must tell you that I'm flying the nest.  This will be my last card for Hello Bluebird Stamps as a design team member.  I will continue to create cards with their delightful illustrations and post them here and on my other galleries, but it's time to slow down and enjoy this new decade and season of life.   I hope you'll continue to visit me here, on Instagram and Facebook as I continue to create and share my art.   As I go forth I want you to know there will always be a little bluebird on my shoulder!

With sincere love and hugs,
Susie ~
6 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Thinking of You"
  1. Oh Susie, this is delightful. So light and bright, a lovely spring card. Thank you for sharing the details. I love the idea of using the gold leaf pen and never would have thought to do that myself. Even the way you laid out your card for the photo is delightful. I'm sorry to hear you are stepping down from the design team, but as long as you still create and share from time to time, that'll be wonderful. I completely understand about doing things differently to enjoy life more. Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! Happy Friday with wishes for a sunny day! Thanks so much Jeanne for joining me today (you are an early riser for sure!) I hope you have some time to look around Katie's blog. She hasn't been as active lately but believe me the inspiration on her blog is nothing less than rich! You can see that gold leaf trim on many of her designs. It adds a nice touch for little effort. Don't be sad that I'm stepping down. I will be still be designing with the Hello Bluebird stamp line just not as a designer for them. I needed to catch my breath (she smiles). In fact, I'm working on the sweetest laced felt hearts right now - I think you'll love them -- I'm itching to share some watercolored florals with you. Makers gotta make and there's so many things I'd like to do. So stayed tuned!

      Hugs, Susie ~

      Delete
  2. Susie, nobody can blend cute and pretty the way you do, and I sincerely hope to see more of your Hello Bluebird cards in the future. Each one has been such a delight. Loving your beautiful photograph, too, sigh. However, I understand about the time and I know you have many other stamps and ideas. I'll be here watching for whatever comes next. Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Leslie. You will definitely see more Hello Bluebird cards from me in the future. Right now I'm itching to do some floral watercolor - it seems like it's been forever! And I really need to do some more organizing and de-stashing. Honestly, so much to do here at home. Last year I didn't even get our front porch rail baskets planted! Spring begins in March in Charleston can you believe that?! Let me get past Valentine's Day! *laughing* The garden needs new mulch and Vance wants to repaint the front porch to match the back screened porch. Always something to do! Remember when Rich painted the house yellow? What a job, but it sure was pretty when it was finished! And your garden was beautiful! It takes a lot of work to keep it up but it's so fulfilling. We love to sit in our rocking chairs on the front porch after finishing yard work and talk with everyone who is taking an evening stroll - the best! Thank you again for the visit, Leslie Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature