Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Nurture Your Soul

Hello again,

I have another card today for the series I've been calling, Everything Old is New Again.   It's another Flourishes set, From the Garden, illustrated by Marcella Hawley, now owner of PowerPoppy.

Before I continue I want to briefly share several reasons for this idea.   Now that we are retired I remind myself that I must manage (and use) what I have.   I decided that creating with my older, cherished sets, would not only be good practice, but would hopefully encourage others to do the same.   Experiment, learn new techniques and designs - create that which makes your heart sing.   So there you have it (she smiles).   Now, let's create something new that has a vintage/retro look.

I love the new background designs using the smaller images of a stamp set and giving them a loose light watercolor look, or a more vivid look with more detailed watercolor, or Copics.   Whatever medium you choose is fine.  I happen to enjoy watercolor.

I'm still playing around and trying to find my happy "go to" watercolors.   I tend to reach for my Sakura Koi Watercolors Pocket Field Sketch Box set and my Grumbacher  Deluxe Opaque Watercolors.   And every now and then I like to use my good ol' Prisma Watercolor Pencils.   I would recommend a good set of brushes - you'll never regret the purchase.  I have started using Sliver Black Velvet brushes and love them.    I'm also learning more about watercolor paper.  I have come to believe that one must use the right tools with the right paper.   I think many of my/our struggles at times has to do with the paper we choose - especially as it applies to watercolor.

Hey, thanks for stopping by today, I hope you've enjoyed the card.   Have a lovely rest of your week, and we'll talk soon!

Sincerely,
Susie ~

1 comment on "Nurture Your Soul"
  1. Oh, Susie, this is exquisite, and I love how you've taken this older but beloved stamp set designed by Marcella and transformed it into a work of art by using these sweet smaller images to make a lovely background. I love your watercoloring and am encouraged you love your Koi watercolors. That's the set I purchased and still need a lot of practice using. But you encourage me and delight me in seeing this lovely card. And, yes, I too have purchased the Silver Black Velvet brushes and was delighted to using them. What a difference they make. Looking forward to your sharing more of your work, precious friend! And wishing you and yours a blessed and joyous Fourth of July! Celebrating our wonderful U. S. of A.!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature