Monday, November 12, 2018

Penny Black Welcome Winter | Winter Days |


Hello Friends!

I'm popping in tonight to share one more card with you from the Penny Black Welcome Winter Release before the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Today I have chosen to pair up two beautiful sets.   Winter Days #30-517 and Tweet Wreath #40-630 on a round card base.   I also used a beautiful frosty technique I saw on the Same but Different Christmas Card Series.   It provides a beautiful soft frosty glow to your piece.



The wreath was stamped using Archival Ink.  This is a wonderful ink to use when you want to use your Copic markers.  Stamp in a light ink and then use your Copics over it.  You'll get that sought after no-line coloring look that everyone loves.   After the coloring was done I added the Sookwang and Diamond Dust for the frosty finish and set the wreath aside.


Winter Days #30-517 is a lovely winter scene in a clear stamp set.   So many ways to design with this particular stamp.  I watercolored with Ranger Distress Inks and Tombows and finished the scene with some snow splatters using Dr. Ph. Martin's Pen White.   Both the scene and the wreath were adhered to a round card base and trimmed with my favorite gold leaf pen.   I added the word, Joy, in gold from the World of Wishes #51-067 Creative Die set

From our home to yours, may your Thanksgiving be blessed and your family close.   Make some memories and cherish the time together.   I'll see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
3 comments on "Penny Black Welcome Winter | Winter Days |"
  1. A beautiful scene and wreath! Watched the video and followed all your links. Love this glitter technique, and the stamp set is lovely. Your little vignette in the wreath is simply jaw dropping. You make me want it all, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, Leslie. I'll admit I had to do a little adjusting of the large wreath stamp. And I choose to use a circle card base because it just looked better than placing it on a A2 top fold. I actually intended to try a 5x5 or 5.5 x 5.5 square Someone suggested that I make into an ornament - not a bad idea. I love both stamps and would like to do the Winter Days scene again. It might be fun to try the same technique just on that stamp after it's finished. We are leaving on Saturday for Mass. to spend Thanksgiving with our daughter. Wishing both you and Rich a very happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Susie ~

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely and perfectly done! I especially like the sky, the soft coloring and the frosting of the wreath. Would make a beautiful ornament. I've been eyeing the winter scene for a while now....On her blog Heather Telford mentioned taking a look at your version. Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature