Friday, January 10, 2020

Hello Bluebird | Transitioning Stamp sets + Valentine Party

Hello friends,

Happy New Year and welcome to my front porch!   Just a short visit today to share a sweet little Valentine card with you created with some previous released Hello Bluebird Stamp sets.   Using your stamp sets this way is a nice way to continue stamping right after Christmas without straining our budgets.   We usually have our Christmas color palettes still on our desks and with just a few tweaks we can start creating Valentine's Day cards (my favorite).   A friend and fellow designer told me the other day that Valentine cards are her favorite to create (don't tell Christmas!) isn't that cute?  It certainly brought a smile to my face.

I started by jotting down some ideas in my notebook and creating a faux mock-up of the card.   It's a two-fold process for me;

  •  1.  Gets the creative juices flowing and,
  •  2. Allows me to move elements around, and brings the design visually from head to paper which helps my creative process.  



For my card I've used the Hello Bluebird stamp and die set(s) listed below.  All images were colored with Copic markers and patterned paper from my stash.


Transforming the Treehouse Scene and Merry Mice from Christmas to Valentine's Day was simple.  By choosing elements like the dainty pink/red flowered patterned paper, red heart with sparkly arrow, a heart shaped door knob, clouds dotted with hearts for foliage, and valentine letters sealed with sweet pink hearts change the landscape from Christmas to Valentine's Day.   Just add your creativity and imagination.


You're invited to a Valentine Party!

One element I always try to include in my design(s) is the sweet Hello Bluebird icon.  I think it's so lovely and it just melts my heart each and every time I look for that special spot.

I hope you've enjoyed this look at transitioning stamp sets and will give it a try in 2020!

Sincerely,
Susie ~
5 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Transitioning Stamp sets + Valentine Party"
  1. Extremely sweet! You know I love it and, yes, an easy transition from Christmas to Valentines. Hello Bluebird is a world unto its own. You could easily walk into it and lose yourself. I like this peek at your creative process. Also, seeing your craft room in the background is a treat. Loving your sketch book and the bin holding stamps and dies. Are those all Hello Bluebird? It would be nice if ALL stamp sets were a uniform size for tidy storage. Thank you so much for this enjoyable post, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie! I have one side of the room over the garage. It's called a FROG (furnished room over garage) in the south. It has it's own HVAC system and a full bathroom. We put our work desks on one side of the room (one in each corner) and had some built-in's made for another wall (for my supplies). My craft desk is by the big north facing window for that wonderful natural light. I've changed my desk around around a little so the window is behind me. I can turn and put my photo board on the window ledge and take a flat lay photo from there. I can also take standing photo's to my left where I have another bookcase. So my set up looks somewhat like an "L" turned around if that makes sense. I've toyed with the idea of moving my craft area into the house to the front sitting room, but the light isn't as good. The nice thing about having the FROG is that both Vance and I go up together to work during the day. He works on editing photo's while I'm at my desk. We love being together and will talk back and forth during that time. It's also handy to just get up and not have to clean up completely before going back into the house. Although I don't normally do that. I like a clean desk before starting work so I'm one to clean up afterward. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. I was a little late getting it up. I've had a nasty cold the past two weeks that wants to linger. And while I got the card up on IG and FB I didn't get a blog post written in time. Thanks for always checking in when you can. And yes, the case holds all my Hello Bluebird stamp sets/dies. I catalog all my stamps and dies that way. If the stamp set has coordinating dies, I keep both in the same plastic sleeve. If it is a "Stand alone" type die then I catalog as such.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. I love the idea of transitioning from Christmas to Valentine and you've given some great tips. I love your final card. It's simply adorable and sweet and oh so charming. That vibe is consistent with Hello Bluebird. Charming and sweet, that is as well as delightful. I was most impressed with the peek into your creative process. That sketch book looks mighty interesting. I actually would love to hear about it and get a closer peek. I have been toying with the idea of starting one for this year. I get stopped by the blank page effect. Would you be willing to share a bit more? I also love the idea that you add the little bird (or try to) on each of your cards. What a wonderful tribute to the company. Thank you, Susie for all you do and create. You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit, Jeanne! So glad you liked the post. I've always been about trying to use or "shop" your older sets to come up with new designs. I think we have to look for value when buying new stamp sets. And if we can transition from one season to another even for a month with what we have I think it's worth it. Thank you for your thoughts about my sketch/idea book. It really helps to take the extra time to jot down ideas, keep some photo's (I like magazine photo's from catalogs) it helps to make your own inspiration boards too. Once you start you'd be surprised at all the ideas that start formulating in your mind. I'll start adding a few more photo's in my posts and give a paragraph about them. Thank you so much for asking. This is exactly what I wanted to happen here on my blog - a conversation about the hobby we all love. Sharing ideas, processes, and maybe a recipe or two! It's a nice way to visit on my front porch! Hugs, Susie ~

      Delete
  3. Ohhh how cute! The floral tree, the little bluebird, the animal friends hanging together. I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature