Monday, November 5, 2018

Christmas Wishes


Hi Friends!

I'm back sharing another Christmas themed card featuring two new items from the newest Penny Black Release, Welcome Winter Paper Scroll #51-458 and a new sentiment set, Joy & Merriment #30-501

Penny Black Stamp (Paper Scroll #51-458Jo; Joy & Merriment #30-501; Festive Florals #40-352)

I used the creative die, Paper Scroll as my "creative foundation" of my card and paired it with one of the beautiful sentiments from the Joy & Merriment stamp set.  I sponged some Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink over some Saffron colored card stock and then embossed the sentiment with some gold antique embossing powder.   I wanted to use a red, green and gold color palette for this card so the lovely poinsettia from Festive Florals #40-352 was the perfect choice. 

When I color I sometimes lay down a base color first (like underpainting when you are watercoloring).  I used Copics to color with first, then came back with Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils.   This is just a preference and you can certainly choose to color with either medium.   Once I colored, I included some more interest by trimming the image with some gold leaf pen leaving a few larger drops on petals and leaves here and there.   I added some dimensional adhesive to the back and popped it up along the side of the Paper Scroll.  Then I tucked in some gold die cut berry branches, Nature's Song #51-014 in the top and bottom.  I also back the Paper Scroll with some fun foam for more added dimension.


The sparkle you see on the card and next to it is Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Dry Glitter (clear rock candy) by Ranger.  I keep it on my desk during the holidays and sprinkle it around the card with I photograph.  I also sprinkled a little on the card to give a festive look.   Once I finish taking the photographs, the glitter just falls right off and back into the jar it goes!   I added some flat dots and my card is finished. 

Wondering where you can shop these lovely stamps and dies?   Right here!

May the Spirit of Christmas
Bring Joy to Your 
Heart
And Happiness
To Your Home.

Sincerely,
Susie ~

Resources:
Penny Black Stamps:  Paper Scroll #51-458; Joy & Merriment #30-501; Festive Floral #40-352; and Nature's Song #51-014
Copic Colors Used: R20, 35, 37,39 - G82, 85, 94 - YG01, and Y21, 23
Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils
Flat Dots (Carta Bella)
Antiqued Gold Embossing Powder 
Dimensional Adhesive
Fun Foam
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Dry Glitter (Clear Rock Candy) by Ranger

2 comments on "Christmas Wishes"
  1. These stamps and the scroll die are so beautiful, Susie, but how you've arranged them on your card makes it a Christmas keepsake. Penny Black is wise to have you creating for them. Love the touches of gold, and the perfectly placed enamel dots look like holly berries that have fallen free of the arrangement. You know how I feel about your coloring, sigh... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still smiling from ear-to-ear after reading your wonderful comment on IG -- Thank you so much, Leslie. I am finding that Penny Black is a good fit for me. I think you felt that way about Flourishes and now, Power Poppy. I'll never forget seeing your work when I first started -- I was mesmerized by your coloring. And honestly, I still to this day believe the designers of that time are the very best. But I digress. I'm sending you a huge thank-you for your continued support and encouragement - it means the world to me. XO

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature