Friday, July 8, 2016

So Very Grateful

Hello Friends!

It is day 3 of The 30 Day Coloring Challenge.   Wonderful techniques, tips, and of course, beautiful cards!   

I was so inspired with the lovely artwork on day 2 from Kristina Werner, Kathy Racoosin, and Dawn Woleslagle.  There is a saying that dates back to the early 19th century that states, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."  When I'm trying to learn a new technique I find it very helpful to CASE the work first.  I often color an illustration using the same colors the artist used on my first try. Once I feel familiar with the technique I will proceed from there.   That is the case today.   Dawn Woleslagle from Wplus9 provided instruction start to finish on a Cath Kidston Design Background piece using Copic markers and free hand sketching in a painterly style look.   I love the vintage cheerfulness don't you?

I practice, and I practiced.   I colored, I painted, I glued.  I trimmed, I tore it all up, and started all over again.  Okay, you get the picture.   This afternoon I finally got close enough that I thought a card might be in order. 


The little cabbage rose bouquet is a free hand sketch using Copics.  The painterly style looks like the 'building stamp sets' that are so trendy.  I kept with the same Copic colors that Dawn used.  R22, R24, and E07 for the rose and buds.   G24 and G28 for the leaves.   My card base was created with Papertrey Ink's Make It Market Kit, Don't Forget to Write.  The kit includes some beautiful dies.  

I adore small cards like this.  Wouldn't this be lovely as a set of 4 cards in different colors to give as a hostess gift?  A sweet offering from heart and hand.  

God's Blessings
Sincerely,
Susie ~
2 comments on "So Very Grateful"
  1. Oh, Susie, what a gorgeous notecard, and I love your cabbage roses! Yes, I loved seeing Dawn's video and hope myself to try this technique. I would imagine that it took practice, even for a talented artist that you are. I'm so happy to see this beautiful notecard and love this kit (which I too purchased and love). And it would make a most lovely hostess gift indeed. Hugs, precious friend! You have inspired me once again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and beautiful, Susie! It absolutely does look like a multi-step stamp. I'd say you've mastered this technique. I really must start watching some of these videos!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature