Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Good Tidings of Great Joy

"And the angel said unto them,
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you great tidings of great joy,
Which shall be to all people."

Luke 2:10 KJV


Hello friends,

November is a list makers extravaganza!   There are shopping lists for Thanksgiving dinner, decorations, gift giving ideas for Christmas, and all the things in between.  November found me in my craft room creating Christmas cards, and participating in Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.   And of course, preparing for our Thanksgiving dinner which is an event unto itself!

With company gone and the house quiet once more, I took a cup of tea up to my craft room and spent some time creating a card to share good tidings of great news!   A Savior is born - to all people!   Lord of Lord, and Kings of Kings.  Even the lowly animals of the forest know His name.


I love the pure innocence on the faces of our little friends as they hear the Savior's name whispered on the winds of joy through the winter night.   Can you imagine their excitement as they traveled to the edge of the forest to see the star that would light the way to the manger where the young babe laid?

The beautiful scripture from Luke 2:10 found in the Hello Bluebird set, Away in a Manger, set the stage for my creation.  I wanted to let the animals from the Hello Bluebird stamp sets, North Star Away in a Manger, Moose and Friends, and Snow Play tell the visual story on this card and opted not to use the traditional manger scene.


I used the newly release Winter Woods Overlay die and cut it from cold press watercolor paper.  I saved the negatives and put them aside.   I watercolored the trees with Schmincke Horadam pan watercolors using a wet-on-dry technique.  This means I used wet paint on dry paper.  The technique effect will leave "edges" which, when dry, achieves an interesting look especially when painting trees.

I adhered the overlay to my card base and then placed the negatives back in place.  I placed the animals in their order and then laid the sentiment down -- once I had the sentiment where I wanted it, I picked up the animals and put them aside.  Then I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine Instant Dry Pigment Ink, Onyx Black.

Watercoloring over this ink once it's dry is like a resist - I wouldn't use anything else.  But... be patient and let it dry thoroughly.  If you are in a hurry, use your heat gun.  Once the sentiment was dry I began watercoloring the night sky, which is the negatives from the Winter Woods Overlay.   Then with everything dry, I placed the animals using Nuvo Tonic Deluxe adhesive onto the card.  I did use some 3M adhesive tape on the fox and cardinal for a little dimension.


I should have splattered before I stamped the sentiment and placed the animals, but not to worry -- I carefully covered them with scratch paper and splattered away using, Finetec: Coliro: Mica Watercolor paint in gold, white gouache, and some brown Schmincke watercolor paint.   A few little negative stars from the Snowy Sky Scene die in white finished the card.   Simply stated and created, this quiet card shouts with joy --  A Savior is Born! 


As we enter this first week of Advent, I hope you'll find time to read the passage in Luke, and give thanks for the good tidings brought to all peoples that quiet night in Bethlehem.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
5 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Good Tidings of Great Joy"
  1. Wow. This is glorious is so many ways. Thank you for sharing your time and talents with us. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, friend! Here we are in the beginning of December! My husband and I are working quickly to get all our decorations up as we enjoy the Advent season. So many activities this month - I don't want to be to busy to just enjoy family, friends, and our wonderful community. What a blessing to be able to share the Christmas story with everyone on my blog today. I'm so happy you liked the card, Jeanne. Have a wonderful day, and a blessed season of hope, joy, and peace.

      Sincerely,
      Susie ~

      Delete
  2. The card is so pretty, and I appreciate your sharing how you created it. I also appreciate that you share your faith with those of us who read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie for meeting me on my front porch today. I'm delighted to have you as a guest here. And even more... so pleased this card resonated with you. What better way to share the Christmas story today than with the sweet little animals from the Hello Bluebird Stamp sets. The wonderment on their faces says it all doesn't it? Thank you again for your time and lovely comment.

      As always
      Sincerely,
      Susie ~

      Delete
  3. Awwwww. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Even the precious animals. I love this creation, Susie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature