Sunday, December 29, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Happy New Year

Hello friends and Happy New Year!    Are you ready to ring in a new decade?    Are you reflecting back on the past 10 years?  Or is it enough to wonder where the past year went?!? (she smiles).   This year is going to be a big page turner for me.    I'm as busy now as I was when I worked in the marketplace.   In the past ten years I became a grandmother for the first time, celebrated 50 years of marriage, and made two huge moves! 

Today, I am delighted to share one last card for 2019 with you from Hello Bluebird Stamps.   I wanted this to be subtle, artful, finely woven in black, white, and sliver.   Free from color, but vested in a clean design.   Designing this way isn't always easy - what is the take-away?   For me, it causes me to slow down and think.  It provides a clean canvas for creativity, and a dreaming place for new ideas.


For this card I used both new and old stamp sets.   Happy New Year from the 2018 North Star set, and the die cut tress from the 2018 Frosty Littles, and the 2019 Snowball Fight.   Instead of stamping, I chose a black/white print for the trees.   The greeting is embossed with fine sliver embossing powder on vellum and laid over a panel of soft stone card stock.   This panel is now adhered to a 3.75 x 5 piece of 110 lb weight Neenah Solar White card stock.   The little trees are applied with Tonic liquid adhesive as are the numbers die-cut from silver card stock using the Charlie Numbers die set.

The panel is complete and ready to be placed on top of the final 4.25x5.5 patterned card base with 3M adhesive tape.  While void of color, the patterns, and dimension provide interest.   A few black gems finish the card. 

I thought it might be nice to see what you liked this past year on my IG gallery so I've included my Top Nine cards for one last look.   All but one (the first card) are created with Hello Bluebird Stamps and dies and use different mediums.   From Copic markers, watercolor, and pencil to layered, scene building, and clean and simple you've encouraged me all the way!   Thank you!
My Top Nine Cards for 2019

White Washed Putz Houses with Glitter Roofs
But cards are not all I enjoy creating.  This Christmas I created some some white washed Putz Houses to decorate the inside of my china cabinet.   Back with twinkle lights they add warmth and elegance.

Snowmen and Santa's each with a story take their place in my 3-tired stand.   A vintage snow sled from years gone by and snowman stand at the ready for the fun to be had.
Christmas in Charleston 2019

And from my front porch to yours, thank you.   Thank you for your visits, comments, encouragement, and the inspiration you bring to me.   May 2020 bring you hope, peace, and blessings for your good and God's glory.

Until next time
Sincerely yours,
Susie ~ 
1 comment on "Hello Bluebird | Happy New Year"
  1. What a beautiful post, Susie. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, but I went a little quiet over the last couple of weeks. I still haven't checked in at IG yet. A new decade.. I didn't think about that. So many changes. Wishing you a happy new decade, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature