Saturday, March 12, 2016

Easter Prayers

Hello Friends!

I'm still playing with the wonderful sewing dies from Simon Says Stamp, and looking through my die collection for inspiration.  I just love embellishing these sweet felties.   This adorable Memory Box Plush Easter Egg is a pocket die!  Can you imagine all the little surprises you can tuck inside for that special someone?!

MFTstamps has some wonderful springtime 6x6 designer plaid paper packs that makes pairing your newest springtime stamp sets a breeze.   I had a card base with a panel and scalloped frame already finished, and used the color palette for my little felted egg.

The fun of designing with these dies is embellishing them.  I used some of my rolled Die-namics flower and roses dies.  I love the Flower and Leaves category - so many great choices!   And don't forget the bling!  Sew some seed pearls, or if you like, use some half pearls, tiny rhinestones, sequins. It's all in the eye of the beholder (she smiles).   Because I wanted to give some encouragement to the recipient,  I used a word die, Prayers, from Hero Arts created exclusively for Simon Says Stamp.

 A close up of the upper right and lower left show the details of those sweet felted flowers and rose buds.
I hope you'll find time this spring to create a keepsake for someone.  Whether you choose to tuck in a gift card, a coffee/tea card, or a little encouragement, the added element of felt to your card is sure to bring a smile.   My prayers are with you this Easter and always.

Sincerely,
Susie ~

2 comments on "Easter Prayers"
  1. Oh, Susie, what an absolutely beautiful and darling card! I absolutely love the colors and the plaid, and this sweet stitched Easter egg is so beautiful. I love the sweet floral arrays you've made with the bitty flowers and leaves that are so lovely! And the stitching is something that must have been such fun. At times I do miss hand sewing. I always enjoyed it and preferred to hand sew hems rather than by machine, even though machine sewing was faster. I think especially as I get older, I need to learn to slow down...which has been a big struggle lately. I think I need to take some lessons from you, dear friend. Today I cleaned up SOME of my emails and flagged items, and that helped a bit. Thanks for the refreshing time with you on your new "redo," which I so love! Hugs, precious friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Susie. The colours, the design, the execution. It's all really so perfect and so sweet. I haven't ventured into the felt trend but I do love to see what people are making, and this is one of the loveliest cards I have seen over the past few months. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature