Friday, March 11, 2016

Peter Cottontail and Flopsy

Spring is here!  Spring is here!
Winter is gone, and two flowers appear.
Three little robins begin to sing.
Four bicycle bells begin to ring.
Five children come out to jump the rope.
Spring is here now!  I hope, I hope!
                                   ~ Author Unknown

Hello and welcome to my new blog, Sincerely Susie, formerly Summerwalk Designs.   I'd like to introduce you to a very special couple.   Peter Cottontail and Flopsy- they are both good little bunnies
(she smiles).

I was so inspired by the Simon Says Stamp release, Spring Plush, showing die cuts to create little felted bunnies, sunshine, clouds, baskets, chicks, hearts and more!  Oh the sweet offerings from heart and hand that can be crafted using these wonderful dies.
My first bunny, Flopsy, was created by using the Liam Bunny die from Memory Box sold through Simon Says Stamp.  Instead of holding a carrot she has a May basket of flowers, little pearls, and baby heart buttons.  And what little bunny would be caught without a flower in her hair? - err, fur.   Creating with felt is another fun way of stretching your die collection.

Once I had created Flopsy I knew I needed a pair.   Here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the trail!
To create Peter's coat I used the Liam Bunny die again, this time using blue felt from Taylored Expression, and cut twice.   I tailored the coat to fit, and finished with a blanket stitch and little gold flat pearls for buttons.  I added a little flower boutonniere, and a cute little carrot -- it's made from cutting the foot pads twice; once in orange and then in green.   The pockets on his jacket are from the newest MFTstamps blueprint 27 die.   It's amazing what you can find when you actually start looking (she smiles).
Close up of Peter Cottontail
I hope these little felties have inspired you to create something that makes your heart sing!

Sincerely,
Susie ~




3 comments on "Peter Cottontail and Flopsy"
  1. Once again Susie, these are unbelievable sweet. You really have a great eye for detail, the little gold pearls, the pockets on the coat and I can almost see you rifling around your dies looking for that perfect die, and you found it! What absolutely lovely gifts for someone, or just to sit on your shelf and make you smile when you look at them. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these are sooooo adorable Susie!!! I just happened to find you...I was on Yana's blog where I read a wonderful comment you left her and because of that clicked on your name which is how I came here. I just really wanted to say congrats on being married for 48 years and although that may seem strange to some, I love to hear that from couples who have my deepest respect. Then to my delight, I see some amazing projects that you created!

    Thanks so much Susie for sharing and for putting a big smile on my face! I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature