Saturday, February 11, 2017

Doodles, Letters, and Love



   Inspirational artist and card designer, Kristina Werner, recently shared three DIY watercolor designs with minimal and inexpensive art supplies.  All three card designs were delightful.  Kristina shares an imaginative and loose style that brings out the kid in all of us.   I think Kristina may be a natural encourager as she leads us step-by-step with some Crayola watercolors, a black pen or marker (your choice) to create the cutest Valentine's Day cards ever!   Hmm... I reached back in my archives for some late night doodles of my own -- done with pen and Sukura Koi Coloring Brushes. 

Another way to create with minimal supplies is to create with doodles and lettering.  Again, I used a micron pen, Sakura Koi Coloring pen, and a little watercolor wash in the background.  Creative lettering, simple hearts and little bluebirds sing a tune that encourages the heart.
With Kristina's card in mind, I thought I'd take it a step further.  Since the idea is to use minimal and inexpensive supplies and design using simple shapes, I wondered if our young grandson might like to try.
With a little assistance he created his card - cloud, flowers, and leaves complete with vein (she smiles).  A four petal flower within a flower, a long stem and wait for it - a hand written sentiment (Love You).  Because all you need is love.

Come, sit, stay a while.

Sincerely,
Susie ~


4 comments on "Doodles, Letters, and Love"
  1. Oh, Susie, this brought the smiles out. Little Teddy looks so focused and he made the sweetest card that surely will be treasured forever. I adore your doodled letters and little birds, and all those pretty flowers. Love the loose watercoloring, but I can never seem to just let it go. When I have time I'll enjoy watching those videos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwww!! Such a sweet assistant! Love your minimalist approach ... might need to consider a micron purchase this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, what a beautiful post, and I love your artistry and coloring. And what a joy to see sweet Teddy join in with you. Your artwork is amazing, and I so love that you share your talents with us...and for the Lord. Hugs and love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Susie! I can’t believe those weren’t printed since they are so spot-on! <3

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature