Friday, October 13, 2017

Simon Says Stamp | Embossing + Watercolor

Hello!  I was so inspired by all the beautiful cards and techniques from the Simon Says Stamp new release, Making Spirits Bright, that I just had to make another card today. 

I used several different stamp sets from previous releases to create a thank-you card for our grandson's teacher.  I have coupled the sets, One With Nature, Thank You Teacher (from the Encouraging Words release) and Lots of Dots to create a fall look to my card.  Perfect for this time of year, and with a fitting sentiment for the teacher.
This is one layer stamping with a lot of punch - embossing + watercoloring.  I stamped the leaves, sentiment and dots onto some Bristol Smooth card stock with a watermark ink, and embossed with Ranger gold embossing powder.  Some of the dots are open while some are solid.

Next, I used some colors from my Daniel Smith Fine Arts Watercolor palette for the leaves and background.   I used a wet on wet technique first, then let it dry, and came back in with wet on dry (glazing).  Once everything was dry I trimmed the piece down a little and mounted it on gold mirror card stock with 3M adhesive tape to provide dimension.  The card base is a top folding A2 in Dark Navy.

Now comes the fun part -- splatter time!  Now I know it's trendy, but honestly, for me, it's like patting your head and rubbing your belly.  I feel like Elaine from Seinfeld on the dance floor - how's that for a word picture (she laughs!)  All I can say is that I did my best (laughing).

Now here comes the serious part... I love that sentiment.  And it got me thinking.  Why wait for Thanksgiving to be that somebody.  Lets remind ourselves to season our speech and actions with the fruit of the spirit everyday.

Let's be that somebody!
Sincerely,
Susie ~
1 comment on "Simon Says Stamp | Embossing + Watercolor"
  1. This is beyond beautiful! The colors, the stamps, your execution... Ohhh, those Daniel Smith watercolors! I've been so tempted, but could I make it look like this? I could only hope. Your splatters are perfect and I love how you've added the dot stamps. Gorgeous, Susie!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature