Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Simon Says Stamp | Center Cut Kaleidoscope Background | Holiday Release


Hi there!

Today Simon Says Stamp reveals their Making Spirits Bright release.  This chock-a-block fun and cheery release is filled with holiday stamp sets, dies, and stencils - something for everyone!

If you're like me, Christmas card designs are popping up like visions of sugar plums in your head.  And lets not forget my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving!


I have a card to share with you today that uses one of the new release 6x6 background stamps, Center Cut Kaleidoscope.   This unique background stamp has a removable center stamp.  Which means you can stamp with it in place, or remove it and use it singularly - so many options. 

When I looked at this stamp I saw so many things; just like looking through a real kaleidoscope.  And with just a turn I saw leaves in fall colors.
I stamped using a watermark ink and embossed with a platinum powder from Ranger.  Using the Zig Clean Color Real Brush from Kuretake I did some watercolor between the embossed lines.  Once dry, I applied some Tonic Crystal Glaze Nuvo which adds clear dimensional detail.   Then I did some "deconstructing" by way of fussy cutting (she smiles).
I stamped the center stamp using the same technique as described above and placed it on the leaves with adhesive dimensional squares.
Using a large stripped background stamp, I tapped on several colors of Ranger Distress Oxide Inks and spritzed with water before stamping off on a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 card stock.  I love the look - perfect for fall!
The sentiment is dear to me this month because yesterday was our 49th wedding anniversary.  I love the set from Simon Says Stamp Clear Stamps, Love.   What do you say after 49 years together?  I say, I love our life together!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please be sure to stop by Simon Says Stamp to see the whole October Making Spirits Bright release.  I know you'll find something special to meet your holiday crafting needs. 

Sincerely,
Susie ~
3 comments on "Simon Says Stamp | Center Cut Kaleidoscope Background | Holiday Release"
  1. What a surprise and a delight! Your design concept for this stamp is brilliant. The stamp has a removable centerpiece? How unique is that? Beautiful watercolor with your Zigs. Happy 49th anniversary, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the colors are so gorgeous Susie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, first, congratulations on your 49th wedding anniversary! What a blessing to have so many years "in love" with the one God has given you. Now on to your card. It's exquisite, and I love how you've "diced" it up into a beautiful "floral" piece and added this beautiful sentiment! Congrats on getting to "play" with Simon Says Stamp! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature