Friday, October 27, 2017

Simon Says Stamp Flicker Challenge

Hey everyone!
I'm Guest Designing today for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #83.  As we prepare for November our thoughts naturally turn to gratitude, so it is fitting that our Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge theme is Thankful. 

Expressing gratitude, through words and deeds, is something the paper crafting community takes to heart isn't it?  Handmade kindness from heart and hand, one to another.  Our cards brighten days, express love and sympathy, cheer success and triumphs, AND say Thank you.   The Thank you card has a two-fold blessing.  It allows the maker to express their gratitude in both word and deed, and the receiver is blessed by the sincerity of the effort.

I have two cards, both say Thank you, each have a different look, and use different techniques.  The first card uses a faux letterpress technique using die cuts as shown by Jennifer McGuire.  Jennifer provides examples of how easy it is to create those beautiful letterpress designs by stretching our dies.  Now that's what I call value added!  One of my favorite winter stamp and die sets is an older one that is now retired called, Winter Warmth, from Simon Says Stamp.  I chose the knit hat and scarf to use as my letterpress elements.
My sentiment is from Simon's Big Scripty GreetingsThe smaller sentiment is from Hero Arts, Prayers set.   There are a number of small add-on sentiments to choose from.   I might even add a little beverage card inside for extra yummy warmth (she smiles).  Below is a close up of the beautiful dimension you can achieve with this type of faux letterpress.
This is definitely a technique I'll try again - this Christmas!

My next card uses the 2 for 1 Edge Stamping Trick, another great technique example from Jennifer McGuire.  I chose the Simon Says Stamp, Roses For You set and stamped off two identical cards.  But that's where I departed.  I colored my roses with Copics and then cut them apart.  I mounted the corner pieces with 3M mounting tape to provide dimension.  My Thank you sentiment is from the same Big Scripty Greeting (as shown in the first card) and embossed with Rangers gold embossing powderAccents of Nuvo Crystal Drops are used in Ripened Pumpkin and English Mustard.
What are you thankful for?   Let us know and show us your card by playing along in the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge.  Guidelines for playing in the challenge are on the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group site.  Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Susie ~
1 comment on "Simon Says Stamp Flicker Challenge"
  1. Faux letterpress is my kind of letterpress! I love the look of it. Such beautiful colors on your roses card. You do the most exquisite coloring, and the stamp sure is cute. You're quite an expert with the Nuvo drops. Pretty colors there!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature