Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cyber Week Surprise - Joy to the World

Hi friends,

Cyber Week at Simon Says Stamp continues with a brand new stamp set.  Today I'm sharing a card with you from the set, Joy to the World.  The set includes a manger, Christ child, Mary and Joseph, a little donkey and lamb and of course the star and several sentiments.   I think it's an adorable set for creating cards for little ones who are beginning to understand the nativity story.   My first card focuses on the Christ child and uses one of the sentiments from the set, O' Come Let Us Adore Him.




One layer cards are so nice, especially at Christmas when you have so many to mail.  With that in mind I decided to do some masking.  I stamped the manger and Christ child images twice using my Tim Holtz Tonic Craft Stamp Platform.  Once on the card, and the second time on masking paper.  After covering the stamped images, I sponged the galaxy sky and sand dunes with Distress Inks.  I also spritzed water blotting afterward with a paper towel.  Distress ink reacts to water and lifts it - a technique which provides a soft look to the sky.  Next, I flicked some white gouache across the sky for a thousand stars.  Once everything was dry I stamped the star above the manger in Simon Says Stamp Clear Watercolor Ink and embossed with WOW Embossing Glitter Metallic Sliver Sparkle.


I removed the masking and colored the manger and Christ child with Copics and deepened the shadows with Polychromos Colored Pencils


The sentiment is embossed with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Ultra Fine Embossing Powder on Woodgrain vellum from Hero Arts.

I love the versatility of using other die cuts to give a different look.  I used Lawn Fawn Cuts Stitched Hillside Pop-up with this card.


Two cards, different looks.  I hope you've enjoyed my offering as we continue a week of surprises with the Simon Says Stamp Cyber Week celebration.   Simon Says Stamp will be promoting the new DieCember release on Friday, December 1st on Facebook.  So grab a hot beverage and join in the holiday fun!  I'll be back on Friday with another card using a brand new die from Simon Says Stamp

Sincerely,
Susie ~


1 comment on "Cyber Week Surprise - Joy to the World"
  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Susie, and truly conveys the reason for the season. Expert coloring and inking and masking techniques in evidence here. Love the wood grain vellum. I see some interesting starlight sparkles in the background, too. So sweetly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature