Monday, November 6, 2017

Simon Says Stamp | Grit Paste and Glitter

Hi Friends!
I'm back sharing another card with you using products from Simon Says Stamp.  You can find this card on both the Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge.

It's countdown to Thanksgiving and it always seems to go to fast - yes?   I love November and all that it brings.  Is it my imagination or are people trying hard to be more patient with one another.  I hope so.   The goal each week at our house is being kind and thankful.   We can always use a second helping of each, how about you?

My card is simple but provides a punch by using the beautiful Birch Tree Window die from Simon Says Stamp, and one of the lovely papers from the November Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, Kind Flowers.    The frame around the Birch Tree is the lovely Die-namics Stitched Oval Scalloped die.
The Birch Tree Window was cut on white card stock and sponged with Distress Oxide Inks with a little bit of Copic on a few leaves. I also sponged a light halo around the trees to give the appearance of looking through a forest window and seeing the first rays of sun on the frosty branches.  I spread a little bit of Distress Grit Paste and sprinkled it with Distress Stickles Dry Glitter for that frosty look with just a wee bit of green still showing on a few leaves.
The frame around the Birch Tree Window is Die-namics Stitched Oval Scalloped from MFTs.  The sentiment, Thanks, is cut out of gold mirrored paper to match the mirror behind the trees.  I've cut the word die three (3) times from white card stock and once from gold and stacked them.  This technique grounds and provides dimension across the focal point of the card.
I love the beautiful patterned paper from the November Simon Says Stamp Card Kit, Kind Flowers.  The whisper soft print background and the raised gold autumnal elements all add to the lovely Birch Tree Window.

I'm thankful for the season, our family, friends, and the blessings so graciously bestowed upon us by our Heavenly Father.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
2 comments on "Simon Says Stamp | Grit Paste and Glitter"
  1. Pure elegance!!!! The layering with gold sprinkled with grit and glitter is amazing. I am off to check out those products!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful, Susie! The glittery snow, the gold, the paper -- all gorgeous and expertly applied and arranged. You're so good! I've looked at those monthly card kits and considered... wouldn't it be fun to receive a kit each month? I can see how I'd quickly end up with an overstocked stamp room again. Maybe weed out the old and bring in the new? I'm so happy to see your creations for SSS!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature