Friday, December 1, 2017

Simon Says Stamp DieCember Reveal - Picture Book Hugging Penguin

Hey friends!

Today is December 1st, and the first day of Simon Says Stamp Die-Cember.  A month long fun event revealing new dies and the crafty and unique ways to use them for your handmade cards.  Examples of cards created with the new dies will be shown on all the social media sites as well as FB Live this afternoon!  Grab a hot beverage and join the Simon Says Stamp family as they share their love of paper crafting with great examples, tricks and tips.

I'm sharing one of the new Picture Book wafer dies, Hugging Penguin.  How cute is this guy?!  And, I learned a new trick on how to better place inlay dies (you might already know).  I'll share that in a moment.


I used Simon Says Stamp, Hearts Alive die, and cut out a background in sliver card stock (save those negative hearts), and then using black and white card stock, cut out my Hugging Penguin using the wafter thin die.  This die has 2 main body pieces, 2 little feet, eyes and mouth.  Here comes the trick (she smiles).   When putting the die cut images together start by laying the image face down and put a strip of scotch tape across the back.  Then flip the whole image over again and place a little glue in the eyes and mouth and inlay the pieces back in.  You can now put adhesive or dimension dots on the back without it coming apart - YAY!   This is a terrific idea when using inlayed word dies.  Just remember to keep all the little pieces.  Where did I hear about this?  Check out Kelly Latevola You and Your Big Dreams blog - brilliant idea!    I popped up the little penguin and placed one of the little hearts over his hands.

The fun part of all of this was using the new-to-me Tonic Crystal Glaze Nuvo to fill in all the hearts.  And creating little eyeballs (laughing).  I very carefully put a dot of the white Crystal Nuvo Drops in both eyes and then a tiny drop of black on top.  I wish I had had a little more courage and put a little larger black drop (next time).


The word sentiment, I LOVE YOU, is from the Simon Says Stamp Roses for You set, and cut from sliver card stock and backed on red card stock for a little shadow.


So there you go, a cute, simple, Valentine card using the newest die from the Simon Says Stamp DieCember reveal, Picture Book Hugging Penguin.   It just doesn't get any cuter!   Hey, it's time for the FB Live event - see you there!

Sincerely,
Susie ~


1 comment on "Simon Says Stamp DieCember Reveal - Picture Book Hugging Penguin"
  1. How fun this is! I recently bought a penguin die, but not nearly this cute. I love him with the Hearts Alive die. He makes a super cute Valentine! Nice trick for the inlay when you're going to pop up. Thanks for that, Susie, and thank you for all the nice comments you took the time to leave for me. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature