Thursday, March 21, 2019

Hello Spring, Let's Celebrate!

Hello Bluebird
Banner Buddies

Hello friends!   I have the sweetest card to share with you today.  For the past year I have been looking at the stamp and die sets being released from Hello Bluebird.   The illustrations are absolutely adorable!   With each release I found myself getting closer to a purchase.  But I never expected to fall so hard that I would purchase almost an entire release!  Yep, that's exactly what I did.   
This week I had some time to play with several of my new sets and thought you might like to see the results.



The first thing I did was stamp all the wonderful woodland critters from the new Banner Buddies stamp set, and the Springtime stamp set.  Oh man do I love that frog!!  Both of these sets have so many cute images to create with.  What a wonderful morning of coloring using my Copic markers!   After I got all my images colored I started arranging them in little scenes.   

The warmth of yellow card stock from Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart was perfect to use for the first day of spring.  Before layering the scalloped border,  I sponged some Scattered Straw Distress Ink on the card base, fading it into the center where I stamped my sentiment from, Spring Script Stamp, and Typed Everyday Stamp   

I cut another piece of yellow card stock using the Gallery Frame #2 Die which is a stand alone die and adhered it to my card base with some mounting adhesives to pop it up and create a shadow box effect.

Tip:  Take a photo of your layout before you begin to place your images on card stock, especially when you have multiple elements.   The close up below allows you to see the dimension this card has.  It is still light weight and I believe will travel through the mail just fine, but always err on the side of two stamps rather than one just to be on the safe side.


A little shine, a few sequins, and a touch of white pen and it's finished.   These stamp sets are so cute they carry the day - all you need to do is color and bring them to life with a little imagination!

What did you do to celebrate the first day of Spring? 
Thank you as alway for your visit.   Come back.  Sit a while.  I think we're going to be friends!

3 comments on "Hello Spring, Let's Celebrate!"
  1. These stamps are so you, Susie! You have a way of making me want everything you use, but you just have magic hands and heart to be able to create such darling cards. Sweet, innocent, charming stamps and I love that you splurged so wholeheartedly because it tells me how much you enjoy what you do. You make it all so special, which it, indeed, is. I know you'll be making some delightful cards with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, I had to come over from Instagram to see this card up close. Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature