Thursday, March 7, 2019

Spellbinders + FSJourney | Stamp of the Month Club

Good Places

Have you heard about the Spellbinders + Fun Stampers Journey Stamp of the Month Kits?    The NEW Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ) Stamp of the Month sets are made in the USA of high quality deeply etched red rubber with cling mount.   This month's "Good Places Stamp" also has a coordinating "Good Places Die Set" (DI-0519)



When asked by Spellbinders if I would like to create with the March kit and share some cards with you I immediately said yes!  I have worked with the club kits before and love them!  You can find out more information on how the club memberships work here!

The inspiration for my card was my paternal grandfather.  He was born and raised in Arnhem, Netherlands.   My favorite stamp in the set are the wooden shoes.  For most children in the Netherlands, December 5th is the day when Sinterklass (St. Nicholas) comes to give presents.   Children put their shoes out to be filled with presents and candy.  My grandparents gifted me a pair of wooden shoes that I sat on their fireplace hearth every Christmas eve waiting to be filled with delights!   I had the opportunity years later to travel to the Netherlands often.  I loved going to the markets on Saturdays where I experienced open air shopping that exhilarated the senses!


For my card today I have used patterned paper that reminds me of the flowered wall papers I saw in some of the homes.  What a perfect backdrop for the windmill, shoes, and little heart.  I stamped the shoes and heart with Papertrey Blueberry Sky ink and the windmill with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink.  I used a combination of Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Polychromos Colored Pencils.   I also stamped that beautiful sentiment in Intense Black Ink.  I love the clean, crisp impression the red rubber stamps provide.

Although I don't speak Dutch, I understood the love of grandparents who did.  There was no silence just a genuine love between generations.

I hope you like the card today and if you aren't a Club Member yet, I hope you'll give it a try!
1 comment on "Spellbinders + FSJourney | Stamp of the Month Club"
  1. I haven't tried the Fun Stampers Journey, but I know the other kits are fun to work with. This sure is a cute set! Nice sentiments and images, but especially beautiful in your hands, Susie. I enjoyed your story, too. You put a lot of thought into everything you do and it shows.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature