Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Bring on the Merry!

Hello friends!

Welcome to my front porch - a place to share our love of crafting and creating cards.  With seasonal card crafting in full swing, it's time to talk turkey, err, I mean Christmas!   I am beginning my Christmas card crafting now, and will be in full swing with the new Hello Bluebird Winter Release, October 28th at 7pm MST    Previews begin on October 25th so please don't miss out on the wonderful treats in store by all the Hello Bluebird DT

I thought I'd get a little warm-up practice in today with some Hello Bluebird Christmas sets from 2018.  My card features, Frosty Littles and North Pole Littles -- oh my goodness how I love the "littles" they're so, so sweet!   It really was difficult to choose which of the little snowmen I wanted to use;   I guess I'll have to make more (she smiles).


I think I'll call this card design a CSD (Clean Scene Design) - I believe I've just invented a new design category (laughing).   It has a bit of everything distress ink blending, die-cut layering, Copic coloring, and maybe a new-to-you technique while still keeping a nice white balance.  Let's take a look.

First, let's talk about the frame and the technique I used.   I cut a panel of Neenah Solar White card stock 110 lb 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 and did the same to a piece of Sookwang, Be Creative Sheet, which is sticky on both sides.   I married both pieces together and placed a basic rectangular die in the middle and ran it through my die cutting machine.   The next step is a little tricky only because it's sticky.    Carefully place the die cut Be Creative Sheet over the die-cut framel (you may have to tuck little stray sticky pieces around the edges but that's okay.   Lay the frame on paper and pour fine glitter over it; tap off the extra, and burnish with your finger.   The fine glitter provides a lovely icy appearance.  This technique look particularly nice over a colored scene (just make sure it isn't a 3D scene).

Secondly, I cut two 3 3/4 x 5 panels of Neenah Solar White card stock 110 lb  I did some ink blending on the first panel using Distress Oxide Milled Lavender half way down.  The second panel was used to cut the snowy hills using the Hill and Dale die cuts.   Once I had them cut, I gave them a light ink blending in the little nooks and crannies with Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass.

Adhering the snowy hills together (only at the sides) I placed the entire piece on the first panel just below the sky line.   With only the sides glued together I had room to slip in my "littles".   This is a small scene so it's important to give it a big presence with perspective.   I've done that with color, tucking in some elements behind and bringing others forward and mounting them with 3M adhesive tape.   I chose a blue/green scheme for the trees, a darker blue combo for the house and the snowman's hat, and a pop of red for the door and north pole sign which I brought forward and popped up on the outside of the frame.   A little decorative holly at the bottom of the sign, and on the left side of the sentiment from the North Pole Littles stamp set, is a nice balance.


When you look at the scene now, it carries your eye from the sentiment and North Pole sign on the outside of the frame all the way back to the mountains.   A "Clean Scene Design" with nice white balance.   Bring on the Merry!

I hope you've enjoyed my card today and will give that "icy" technique a try.   And don't forget the upcoming Winter Release starting with Previews on October 25th and the Full Release on October 28th at 7pm MST

See you soon friends!
Sincerely,
Susie ~
5 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Bring on the Merry!"
  1. Delightful scene, Susie! I really like how you explained putting this wonderful scene together. The icy frame is wonderful. Your coloring and ink-blending look fabulous and the entire scene makes me smile. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne for your visit to the front porch today! I'm delighted you like the card design, and the directions were easy to follow. I do hope you'll give it a try this Christmas on some of your Christmas projects.

      Delete
  2. I like the clean scene design! My heart feels happy looking at this and I think you know how adorable I find it. There are hardly words. What a wonderful sentiment, too. Love your style with Hello Bluebird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie! I think I love a CAS (or CSD) design as much as the fancy stuff (laughing). Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't. Thanks for stopping by my friend. I'm busy with the new release - it's soooo cute, you're going to love it.

      Delete
  3. I always in search of some good content on internet and yes I`m here. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful content on your site and for sharing it with us. I have subscribed your site to get weekly updates.

    On the other hand if you would like to to visit my website which is about stationery products. We are a respected and genuine manufacturers if wholesale stationery and graduation products of the USA, serving since 1990. Shop from our latest inventory Custom Diploma Cover, Diploma Folder, Diploma Cover. Diploma Holder, Padded Certificate Holder, Graduation Tasselsand more.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature