Monday, October 28, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Release Day!

It just gets cuter and cuter each day!  Do you think you've found your favorite yet?   Not sure?  Well, let me help you just a little bit *giggle*   Don't forget the release goes live tonight at 7:00pm MST

I like to include a CAS design in my card line up for a new release -- something for everyone, right?  Today I'm featuring the new stamp set, First Snow.   If you missed the first day of previews, please hop over to the Hello Bluebird blog and take a look at the sample cards featuring First Snow, and the stamp and die set.

I loved the two little bunnies who looked like they were throwing a kiss and extending their arms in a gesture of welcome wishes.  I colored both bunnies with Copic markers (I will list the colors at the bottom of the post) and cut them out using the available companion die set.

I cut out a heart from masking paper and placed it in the middle of my panel and did some ink blending with Distress Spun Sugar ink.   The ink blended heart serves as a foundation and grounds the two bunnies.  Then, being careful to use the rule of thirds, I stamped the little snowflakes in watermark ink and embossed with sliver embossing powder.   I placed the bunnies on the heart (without adhesives) so I could see where to place the sentiments.  Once I had the sentiment stamps in place I carefully lifted the bunnies off and put the panel in my stamp positioner.   I used Hero Arts Black Dye ink to stamp the sentiments. 

**PSA**  Please be careful at this point.  Dye ink dries much slower than others, and will smear in a moments notice.  Use your heat tool for a second or two, or set the piece down, get a beverage, and take a little break (she smiles).  Once everything is dry, adhere your bunnies (I popped mine up with 3M adhesive tape).  Last but not least, I placed three sweet hearts strategically around the bunnies and snowflakes. 
Copic colors used:
  • C00, C0, C1 | RV0000, RV000
  • RV52, RV55, RV63
  • BG53, BG57
A lovely CAS design with icy white balance, slivery snowflakes, sweet pink hearts, and two little bunnies who send Snowflake kisses and Winter Wishes!   I hope you've enjoyed my card sample today and throughout this beautiful winter release.   Thank you for your visits and wonderful comments.
6 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Release Day!"
  1. Another delightful card, Susie. Thanks for sharing how you created this adorable. card. Those bunnies are so sweet. One can't help but smile when looking at this sweet little scene. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for being such a bright spot in my day, Jeanne! I'm glad you liked the CAS design. I like to feature a CAS design to show the versatility of the Hello Bluebird Stamps. It's true that many think of scene building with these cute characters, but they work very well in CAS designs too. Have a wonderful day, and if you've gone to the Hello Bluebird Blog I have my fingers crossed! Big release tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, this card is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit, Silvia! I hope you'll visit again (she smiles)

      Delete
  4. This puts such a smile on my face, what a fun and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted! Thank you so much for visiting, Nancy!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature