Friday, October 25, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Winter Release Preview Day 1


Hello friends, Welcome to my front porch!   The last time we talked we both agreed the holiday card crafting season is upon us.   The excitement begins today as Hello Bluebird Stamps begins their previews for the new 2019 winter release!  And believe me it's as sweet as Christmas pie!

What a wonderful way to start a release - a party with Christmas cookies and hot cocoa with marshmallows - yum!  My first card features the new release stamp set, Cocoa Party, paired with a new word die, Warm Wishes.   The stamp set features five (5) of our favorite friends in their best Christmas sweaters, a Merry Christmas banner, three (3) small stamps, and five (5) sweet sentiments!  That's a set chock-a-block full of Christmas goodies!


Slimline card designs are fun to create and provide the extra room for scene building.   I started by cutting a piece of hot chocolate card stock to 7 x 8.5 and scored at 3.5 inches for my card base.  Then I cut a second piece of rectangular card stock about a quarter inch smaller all around.  This became the base for my design.  I lightly inked the second panel with some Gathered Twigs Distress ink (darker to lighter) and centered the word die, Warm Wishes, in the middle of the panel and placed a sentiment, You Warm My Heart, from the Cocoa Party stamp set at an angle.   I colored all the characters with Copic markers and popped several up with 3M adhesive tape, the rest were glued with Tonic Deluxe Adhesive Nuvo glue (love that stuff!).   The bonus to all Hello Bluebird stamp sets are the smaller stamps -- there are so many ways to use these sweet additions.   I used one of the little birds that appears to be carrying a candy cane to put into his hot chocolate.   A simple design that heralds a party!


The new release goes live on Monday, October 28th at 7:00pm MST   Until then, I hope you'll join the party along with the Hello Bluebird design team as we preview our 2019 winter product line.  

Thank you so much for your visit today, I'll see you back on the front porch soon!
4 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Winter Release Preview Day 1"
  1. I love swinging by your front porch and seeing what you have been up to creatively. This card is charming and delightful. I love the gathering of critters who are enjoying that cuppa hot chocolate and some sweet treats. This card IS a sweet treat! Your coloring is fantastic and the little scene makes a smile burst on my face. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you for stopping by the front porch this morning, Jeanne! I was just about to get a hot cup of coffee, I hope you'll join me while we look at all the other Bluebird design team sample cards. Jeanne, you're going to absolutely this release! The stamp sets and stand alone background dies are FABULOUS! Thank you so much for the starting the day with me! Big hugs, Susie ~

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! Loved seeing your name pop up tonight! I hope you've enjoyed the release so far!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature