Saturday, March 9, 2019

Spellbinders + Fun Stampers Journey | Stamp of the Month

Good Places
CAS Design and Embossing

Welcome back Spellbinders and Fun Stampers Journey fans!  Today I am sharing two cards using the new March Stamp of the Month release by Fun Stampers Journey called, Good Places.

Do you like club kits?  I think they are a wonderful "Go-to" for crafty friends - value added in my humble opinion. 



Today I have a one layer CAS design and a card using patterned paper - both lend themselves to the lovely Dutch motif of Good Places.


I stamped the lovely windmill in Hero Arts Intense Black Dye ink (one of my favorites).  I stamped several times to achieve good full coverage.   I also stamped one of the three sentiments that is included in this 10 piece stamp set in the same ink.   The wooden shoes are stamped on Bristol Smooth paper using Simon Says Stamp premium dye ink, Fog Grey.  Then I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush set to put down my first color.  When I use my Zigs I color off on a palette and then lift the color with an aqua brush; I can control the color better that way.   I normally let it dry a little before adding more color; a two or three step process.   Once it was done I went back into the negative areas and colored useing my Polychomos pencils to show the design on the shoes.  When I was finished I cut out the shoes using the Good Times coordinating die cut.   I have a set of shoes my grandparents gifted me when I was a little girl and these shoes are very reminiscent of my pair.

My second card pairs patterned paper and embossing with the 2 piece tulip stamp and stem included in the stamp set.


I love the look of the muted blue and grey horizontal stripe paired with the sliver floral patterned paper.  And the white embossing I used on the wooden shoes and rising tulips allow the details to pop!   This is the high quality impression you can achieve when using a good quality red rubber stamp. 

I hope you've enjoyed all the cards I have showcased for the March Stamp of the Month kit.  Be sure to stop by Spellbinders for a look at the newest club offering.   If you have questions about the membership you can find it all right here!

Until next time  I wish you happy crafting!
1 comment on "Spellbinders + Fun Stampers Journey | Stamp of the Month "
  1. Two uniquely beautiful cards with this set today, Susie! I'm absolutely in love with the shoes on your first card. The white embossing on blue is so pretty on your second card along with the papers, for which you know I have a weakness. This club is well worth taking a look at!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature