Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Easter Blessings


Easter Blessings

Hello dear friends!   I am back to share my second Hello Bluebird card with you.   I have been thinking about the stamp sets I purchased from the Hello Bluebird February release and why I love them so much.   A friend wrote the kindness comment on my last blog post that said, "These stamps are so you, Susie!"  Wasn't that nice?  I had an immediate connection to these stamp sets from the beginning.  For me they tell a story, trigger a memory, and project a kindness that we all want more of.

With Easter just a couple of weeks away I wanted to create a card that celebrates both springtime and Easter.  Here in the south we decorate anything that isn't nailed down.  Springtime wreaths adorn the doors of southern homes, and baskets of flowers brighten the porches.  All herald the beginning of spring in the south!

My card uses four Hello Bluebird stamp sets, Banner Buddies, Springtime, Spring Gatherings, and the sentiment from Spring Banner Script.


A wreath loaded with springtime and Easter sweetness!  Peeps, baskets, flowers, and eggs are all nested among fresh sprigs of spring green.   Butterflies cannot stay away from the sweet smell of pink tipped blossoms ready to bloom.


All my sweet petite images are colored with Copic markers.   I cut out a circle to help place the images in the envisioned order.   Once the wreath was finished, I flipped it over and adhered some adhesive mounting tape and then set it aside.   I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the circle (which was my negative) and did some ink blending with scattered straw distress ink.


With all the pieces finished I mounted it all on a scored 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square panel.  The panel is edged with a gold leaf pen, and is a finished 5 x 5 square card with lots of white space.   A little Wink of Stella for some iridescent shine, and Nuvo Tonic white for flower centers.

I hope you've enjoyed this card, and are inspired to create your own.  As always, I am delighted to share a card with you.   I'll see you soon with another springtime delight as we spend time in the garden.

Until then,

Come back.  Sit a while.  I think we're going to be friends.
2 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Easter Blessings"
  1. Love, love, love what you do with these stamps! I had to go look at every set, and it appears you have the dies, as well. They're all so adorable! I feel your happiness and enthusiasm and combined with your beautifully accomplished style there are few things more inspiring to me. I yearn for new stamps, but I got myself into this state with so many not yet used stamps and I aim to climb my way out before I fully indulge. That said, I did win a gift voucher, plus I have the occasional new Power Poppy digi (one coming soon), and I fell prey to the pull of some cute Bugaboos... okay, so I have some new stamps, but I want more! This is all so much fun, isn't it? Thanks for posting here, Susie. It's always such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being so faithful to visit me and leave me such encouraging words. I have taken your words to heart about pattern paper build up. I remember cutting up all my 12x12 papers into 6x6 squares (so much easier to store AND use) I too have to many stamp sets and need desperately to "clean house" For the most part I have been very measured in my purchases. Penny Black has been very generous as has Spellbinders. So the new that you see has been gifted to me for promotion purposes. That is why my recent release purchase (yes, I purchased dies too) was such a shock. Honestly, I fell hopelessly in love with the line. And I mean, hard! Who can resist a company who has a name like Hello Bluebird?! I'm hooked! Your last card with the gorgeous lilies and forget-me-nots was nothing less than stunning! Thank you a million times over for all that you've generously said and taught me through your own designs and photography. Hugs, Susie ~

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature