Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Geli Prints I Three Different Looks

Hi friends,

For all my friends who live in the 4 season zones -- I'm jealous (she smiles).  I have to admit that while the low country is beautiful, I do miss the cooler (notice I said cooler), weather of fall and winter.

Several weeks ago I created several cards using a Poppystamp die set called, Blooming Poinsettia, and a Memory Box die called, Circle tree.  The inspiration prompt was an envelope I found with several Geli Plate background designs I created several years ago (remember the Geli plate).  I didn't use them at the time but didn't want to throw them away either.  I'm so glad I put them away and had a chance to look at them again with fresh eyes.  I chose three background prints to cut the poinsettia's from and let the colors determine the design.   I hope you'll enjoy them.

The first print had a different shades of green, red, and white.  The flecks of white was part of the print.  It looked like snow to me, so I decided to pair it with the Memory Box die, called Circle Tree.  I applied a little glitter paste to the trees and did a watercolor snowy background wash.
I embossed the sentiments on both the green panel and the smaller strip of red then added some fun foam to the back and adhered it to the beautiful sliver sparkle paper.  I love how this winter scene turned out.  It satisfied my need for "cooler" weather (smiling).

Do you get inspiration from all the Christmas catalogs?  I snip, cut, and make notes - it's my form of a mood board (smiling). 
Twas the night before Christmas... 

This retro Santa image from Graphic 45 looks wonderful with the country plaid, kraft and green card stock doesn't it?  I added a little gold edging and some sequins to give it some pop.


And for the final card, a Geli print with beautiful golds, reds, and greens.  I stamped a lovely Christmas background from Hero Arts, Holiday Florals Bold Print and embossed it with antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp.  Both sentiments are from a new Simon Says Stamp, Stained Glass Greetings.   Three cards and three different looks using the Poppystamps Blooming Die, some Geli Print background panels and a little imagination.  I love it when I can use different products and stamp sets together.  And I especially love a happy find -- I'm so glad I saved those Geli prints.

Now go create something that makes your heart sing!
Sincerely,
Susie ~
2 comments on "Geli Prints I Three Different Looks"
  1. Three gorgeous cards with your Geli prints and more! I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite, but I sure do love the Santa card with the warm plaid and gold edging, especially on the petal edges. Kraft never looked so good! I always love a snowy scene with trees, and, ohhh, the the gold stamped on red on your last card with such a pretty poinsettia... sigh... Interesting and fun how you create your own form of mood boards. It partly explains why your cards are so creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, Leslie. I'm so glad you had a chance to these cards. It was a happy accident to find those Geli prints. And thank you my friend, for being so faithful to visit and comment. I really appreciate it. XOXO

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature