Sunday, December 31, 2017

Auf Wiedersehen 2017 + Best Nine Photographs and Cards

Hello friends,

The days are long, but the years are short.  A quote that many young parents don't like.  They say you've forgotten what it's like to be jolted out of bed at 5:30 in the morning, a sink full of dishes, dinners to be made, budgets to adhere to, and the list goes on.  I haven't forgotten.  Tonight I'd like to look back on those long days:

  • The long deployments, 
  • endless meetings and travel, 
  • one parent/teacher conferences, 
  • staying to a budget split in two, 
  • trips to the ER hoping the one hurt doesn't throw-up in the car.
But... life isn't a straight line.  Before we know it, children grow up, careers wind down, and retirement is on the horizon. How we'd love to do it all over again (I think).  This is the second year I have seen people show their "Best Nine"  So this is my take on it - with a few of my "Best Memories"

  • Making 250 candy apples every fall for the elementary school carnival
  • Fitting as many children as possible in a Volkswagan Super Beatle to take to T-Ball practice
  • Folding down the back seat of the Volkswagan and making a palette while traveling across the states.
  • Creating memories with a homemade Gingerbread house each Christmas
  • Reading the Incredible Journey to both my children during a deployment
Now I'm in my autumn season.  Still active and enjoying the everyday struggles and joy.   Now I have time to cultivate the creative side of my personality.   On this last day of 2017, I would like to wish you dear readers a very Happy 2018, and share some of my favorite 2017 Best Nine photographs and cards.

Best Nine Cards for 2017

Last card for 2017

Best Nine 2017 Photographs - Lowcountry - Charleston, SC


Best Nine 2017 Photographs - Phoenix, Arizona

Best Nine 2017 Photographs - San Diego, CA
With temperatures across the United States in the negative numbers, I decided to create one last card for 2017 keeping in mind all of our friends who live in snow country!  We wish you a very happy, healthy New Year!    And to those young parents who lament the early years and what seem to be endless days - embrace it, enjoy it, live each day with meaning and purpose.  Take the time to create the things that make your heart sing!
May your home be blessed and your faith increased.
Sincerely,
Susie ~
2 comments on "Auf Wiedersehen 2017 + Best Nine Photographs and Cards"
  1. An absolute delight, Susie! I've been pouring over these photos for some time now, savoring each. You are a very talented card maker and I don't think I've seen some of these. The photos, oh, my! It's clear why you're so in love with the desert, but you've also shown some of the beauty of our two southern coasts. Thinking back on the days raising our son -- all that constant activity. The thought of it exhausts me now, but I was up for the task at the time. It's why we have kids while we're young. More than anything I loved introducing him to new things, new sights, and, as he grew, watching him explore life and the world on his own. There is still so much to discover and marvel over, and that's what I look forward to every day. Never underestimate the wonder of little things, as well as those bigger and more awesome. I can't wait for each new day. Happy new year, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work Susie - both in cardmaking and photography. Very inspiring. I often quote that saying too...I think it helps me remember not to take moments for granted. Blessings on your 2018!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature