Saturday, April 6, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Oh Happy Day


Oh Happy Day
It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood!

I have been invited to join the Hello Bluebird Stamps Design Team!  And I can't think of a sweeter card design to announce my excitement over the news!

I've taken my bio from the "About" portion of my blog to give you an overview of who I am.

I was born in California, and raised in both the Northwest United States, and the southwestern desert of Arizona. I have been married for 50 years, have two grown children, and one grandchild.

My professional experience in the marketplace is one that will surprise many I'm sure. My journey began in the Defense Industry and ended when I raised my right hand and took the oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I would serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States.  I became an Intelligence Officer of the Central Intelligence Agency. My area of expertise (sub-category): Information Management Officer in the Office of Policy at the National Reconnaissance Office.

My creative journey took much longer. After many years of laying aside my artistic interests I began a blog.  Using the imagery and medium of paper crafting, writing, and photography, I brought my memories to life again in card and story form.  It didn't take long to realize this medium provided great satisfaction. A people watcher and story teller at heart, I find great joy in finding a stamp with character and surrounding it with words that give it life. Words that encourage, inspire, bring laughter and imagination to the heart. Sue Monk Kidd said, "Discovering our personal stories is a spiritual quest." I find that to be true. Many of my blog posts reflect my faith and little pieces of me. 

Some of you may have seen several of my cards that Hello Bluebird Stamps has been generous enough to repost on their Instagram account.  But, if you haven't how about a peek at them now.

Like many of you, I watched for each Hello Bluebird release with excited anticipation.  The gentle sweetness of the illustrations drew me closer every time until I could no longer resist.   The February 2019 release of Banner Buddies captivated my heart!    My first card used the Banner Buddies, Springtime, Spring Script, and Typed Everyday stamp sets.   I used the Gallery Frame #2 as my foundation.   


In the south we decorate anything that isn't tied down (she laughs).  Seriously, there is a wreath on every door, and flowers fillin' and spillin' over every front porch rail basket.   So it should be no surprise that I created, wait for it...  YES!  A springtime wreath using my pals from Banner Buddies, Springtime, Spring Gatherings, and a sentiment from Spring Banner Script.   I scored my decorative panel and trimmed it with my beloved gold leaf pen (you'll see a lot of that).   I also cut a thin circle so I had a foundation to build my wreath on.


Look at all those sweet little stamp illustrations you can color!   I felt like I was playing with paper dolls again.  I absolutely adored coloring them all!  Here's a secret:  A stamping friend once told me when you are finished with your card, hold it in your open palms and blow a kiss over it to wing it on it's way.

My last card celebrates Springtime in the garden with three busy little bunnies, well at least two, I see one guy laying down on the job (she smiles).   McGregor's Garden is a set that will enchant the heart of any gardener!   This set is chock-a-block filled with little vegetable images to color - oh my!  My foundation for this card is the Gallery Frame #1 Stand Alone Die.   And Springtime to brighten the day!

  
It's my pleasure and honor to be part of the 2019 Hello Bluebird Stamp Design Team.   Welcome to my blog!  I hope you'll visit me often.   Let's create something that makes our hearts sing!

Come.  Sit a while. I think we're going to be friends!
4 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Oh Happy Day"
  1. These are all kinds of cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! And welcome to my blog! I hope you'll visit again (smiling).

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Susie! I know these stamps are near and dear to your heart. Your cards bring out their sweetness and make them appeal to me in a way I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your story here. You are a woman of mystery and intrigue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, they have a joyful vibes and they are so pretty! Thanks for sharing them with us, I will come back often to visit your blog 🙂 I m a stay at home mom with two young children, 7 & 3; I wish one day it’s my turn to say “I have grown children”, and be able to craft all day! 😅

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature