Monday, January 28, 2019

Vintage Valentine | Bits & Bops

Hi friends!

As promised this will be my last Valentine's Day card for 2019.   Ooh that was difficult to say!  But if I'm going to get these cards out in time, I have to bring this theme to a close (she smiles).

I think we are all feeling the deep freeze to some degree (no pun intended) and it's no exception here in Charleston.  So on Sunday afternoon I decided to get cozy and craft!   I love, love, love 50's vintage Valentine's Day cards, do you?   And when I find vintage looking designer paper that I can cut apart - I do!   I also keep little file boxes of left over die cuts, ephemera, and little bits and bops!  It's so much fun to open these boxes of treasures and search around for something that strikes my fancy - do you do that?

Piling up affection for you, Valentine!


The boxes hold die cut frames, ovals, circles, rectangles, stripes, you name it...   I had enough goodies in the Valentine box I was able to create a card without a lot of fuss - something that sounded good on Sunday afternoon.   My focal point is a little girl building a sand castle on the beach - very vintage 50's looking.  I found a frame cut from designer paper with the words Love written across it - check!  I did cut the base frame from the Penny Black Stamps, Lovely Border #51-484 die in red card stock.  I also used Shades #51-055 to die cut a tag that I placed behind the frame.  All were placed on the Lovely Border frame.   I few sparkly hearts cut using, Rose for You, from Simon Says Stamp and I was done!   Did you notice the pretty "Love" postage stamp?  It's a nice finish if you have stamps to coordinate with your cards.  It's all in the presentation!

Are you piling up affection for anyone this Valentine's Day?
Try this easy peasy way of creating your next card!

Thank you as always for your sweet visits.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature