Saturday, April 13, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Preview Day 1 |Fairy Garden


Fairy Garden and Garden Friends

The soft stars are shinning,
The moon is alight;
The folk of the forest
Are dancing tonight...

~ Katherine Davis
1892 - 1980

Hello Bluebird friends!   Welcome to my front porch, and to the first day of previews for the new April release.  I will be sharing a new card with you for the next four days which will culminate on release night, April 16th at 7:00pm MST, when the release goes live on the Hello Bluebird Stamps website.

Come sit with me a while -- let's have a glass of sweet tea and I'll show you what's new this month.

Living in the coastal low country of South Carolina adds to the magical illustration of these new release stamp sets, Fairy Garden and Garden Friends.   Each time I take my camera to the beautiful gardens of Middleton and Magnolia, or our own garden, I am transported to a land of make believe.  Where fairies gather under the moonlight to play with woodland friends, ring the bells of lavender blue, and cast their spells of twinkling dust, and dance in the light of the sliv'ry moon!



The Fairy Garden set includes seventeen images plus two sentiments.  Garden Friends includes thirteen images and three sentiments - that's what I call value added!   Coordinating dies are also available.  I have used two little images (the red violet single flower and the firefly) from the Garden Friends set to compliment my Fairy Garden scene.  The Garden Friends set is scaled to compliment the Fairy Garden set.   Imagine how many sweet scenes you can create with these sets!

I started this design by ink blending the background around a masked circle (for the moon) using Ranger Distress Inks in a blue/blue violet color palette.   When I finished I lightly slid the edge of the sponge across the moon several times to give the appearance of wispy clouds.   All the images were die-cut with coordinating dies and colored with Copic markers.  I kept a blue/blue violet and yellow palette for my little fairy's dress.   And here's a little tip:  when I color a face I always used just a little V20 Copic right under the hairline - try it next time you color and see if you don't like it too.   A wink of stella, some white gel pen, and flat clear sequins were used to finish the card.   The finished panel was mounted using fun foam onto the card base.


I hope you've enjoyed our time together as we took our first look at this adorable stamp set from Hello Bluebird Stamps.   Tomorrow we'll soar into the wild blue yonder!   Be sure to check out all of the Design Team cards on Instagram as we feature, Fairy Garden and Garden Friends.  As always it's a pleasure to have you visit today.
4 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Preview Day 1 |Fairy Garden"
  1. Love how you envisioned this sweet fairy under the moonlight. Your scene and coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, KarenAnn These sweet stamp illustrations make creating a card a joy. They are so much fun to color no matter what medium you choose. I like to stamp and color the entire set, die cut them, and begin creating scenes while stories swirl through my head (she laughs). It's a two-fer. I get to create cards with a story! Thanks so much for the visit.

      Delete
  2. I'm absolutely convinced I could walk out to the garden and see this fairy right now. I do have the English Wood Hyacinths in bloom, hmmm... So sweet and pretty, Susie. You must be having the time of your life with these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely am, Leslie! Oh I wish you could see my garden right now. Our Clematis are as big as dinner plates, and my petite Lady Banks roses could be a bridal bouquet for a fairy. There is a story waiting to be told in every stamp set, and that tickles me as much as creating the card. I can't wait for you to see my card that will go up on IG on April 22nd -- you're going to love it!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature