Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Hello Bluebird| Preview Day 4 | Fly a Kite

RELEASE DAY!
Fly a Kite

Hello Bluebird friends!  Welcome to my front porch, and day 4 of the the new April release previews which will culminate tonight April 16th at 7:00pm MST when the release goes live on the Hello Bluebird Stamps website.

Release day is here!    I am amazed I am almost through my first release as a "Bluebird" I'm still pinching myself.   But, I have several more cards to share with you this month - so let's talk.  I've been using Copics as my "medium" for all of the cards this month, including this one.  But, style is an entirely different animal, err, character (she smiles).   Today's card is a CAS design with an inked blended background.  It is a simple, but effective way to feature the principle element by framing it with other images or playing off a sentiment(s) and leaving a balanced white space.

For my card today I am using the new release set, Fly a Kite.  I loved coloring these adorable illustrations turned stamps.  Early in my stamping journey I wanted to give voice to the card designs I was creating.  Building scenes and story lines is a prefect way to accomplish that goal.


Life is Better with Friends is one of the sentiments included in the Fly a Kite set.  And it is the foundation for my CAS design.  Look at the interaction between the little bee and the fox - friendship is implied between the two by the sweet smile on the face of the fox.  The rest of the group help by surrounding the CAS design in the photo staging.  The card begins to tell a simple story on and off the card.


In the months ahead you'll see me use different mediums and styles and hopefully you'll be inspired to join the fun -- We can do this together! 

The new April 2019 Release will be available for purchase tonight at 7:00pm MST  Don't miss out, this release is going to go fast.

Hello Bluebird Stamps + Your Imagination = Inspiration
 Because Life is Better with Friends!

As always, thank you for joining me today.  And I'll see you soon.

  
2 comments on "Hello Bluebird| Preview Day 4 | Fly a Kite"
  1. This one exudes sweetness, Susie. I think it's my favorite from the release. Love the gentle shading behind the scene and all the white space. I enjoy your talk about design, too, as I've always found composition to be as much fun as coloring. For your photo staging it's so nice to have the extra critters frolicking around the perimeter, and you have them all ready for cards to come. One last thing... I think from now on I'll always buy the matching dies with a set when available. Some stamps are easy enough to fussy cut, but dies always give such a nice, smooth edge. You do seem to be enjoying yourself. I truly hope your continued designing with these adorable stamps will be the most wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Es {como si tú|como si} {leyeras|vieras} mi {mente|pensamientos}! {Pareces|Aparentas} {entender|saber|comprender} {mucho|bastante} {acerca de|sobre} esto, {como si tú|como si} escribieras el {libro|libro electrónico|guía} o algo. {Pienso|Siento|Creo} {que tú|que tú simplemente} {puedes|podías} hacer con {algunos|unos pocos} {%|porcentajes} para {forzar|presionar|manejar|reforzar} {un poco|algo} el mensaje a casa, {sin embargo|pero} {que no sea|en lugar de} eso, {este es|esto es} un blog {magnífico|estupendo|grandioso|bueno|impresionante|fantástico|excelente}. Una lectura {grandiosa|excelente|fantástica}. {Definitivamente|De todas formas} regresaré. Fly banner surf

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature