Sunday, April 14, 2019

Hello Bluebird | Preview Day 2 | Maverick & Sunrise Scene Die

Maverick and Sunrise Scene Die

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” 
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

Hello Bluebird friends!  Welcome to my front porch, and the second day of previews for the new April release which will culminate on the evening of April 16th at 7:00pm MST when the release goes live on the Hello Bluebird Stamps website.

Come and sit with me on the porch and let me show you what I've created for you!  

It was a stellar week for our young grandson who learned how to tie his shoes (she smiles).   Milestones come in all sizes don't they?  We are determined in our quest to succeed!  We try, and try again, and finally... we take off - flying higher than we ever dreamed!   And before we know it our new skill is second nature.   My card today is all about flying high and encouraging others in their own dreams.   The accomplishment of a new skill or goal sends us soaring high!


Today the Hello Bluebird Design Team is featuring the Maverick Stamp set and Sunrise Scene Die.   I decided to customize the paint job on this little PT19 (Pilot Trainer).  These are the colors and design both the Navy and Army used on their trainer aircraft during WWII.  All imagines were die-cut with coordinating dies.  I used the Sunrise Scene die for the sunshine and rays and the pretty yellow border around this A2 sized card.   It also cuts the clouds too!  I cut twice, once with yellow  card stock and once with Neenah Solar White 80lb and inked the white with a little grey blue ink and just tipped a little yellow ink on the upper clouds.   The images were all colored with Copic marker.   The plane and little bluebirds were popped up with adhesive mounting tape.   If you look close you'll see I've used a little clear gloss on the windshield and pilot's glasses.   Now for the best surprise of all.  There are several little animal pals in this set that are illustrated so they fit into the aircraft.  The unique coordinating die cuts right along the arm that rests outside the airplane, and the airplane also has a cut line that allows you to slip your choice of animal pal into the plane - isn't that great?!  Both the plane and the animal pal fit together perfectly!

This card was a pure delight to create and I thought about our young grandson who is learning to soar in so many areas of life.   Oh the places he'll go!

Tomorrow the Hello Bluebird Design Team will be back featuring another new release stamp set and die.  I hope you've enjoyed our time together today as we took a look at the new April release stamp set, Maverick, and the stand alone Sunrise Scene Die from Hello Bluebird Stamps.   Be sure to check out all of the Design Team cards on Instagram, and don't forget the release culminates on April 16th at 7:00pm when all products will be available on the Hello Bluebird Stamps website.  As always it's a pleasure to have you visit today.
4 comments on "Hello Bluebird | Preview Day 2 | Maverick & Sunrise Scene Die"
  1. A wonderful card. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you stop by for a visit, Marja! And I'm glad you are enjoying the previews! I hope you'll come to visit with me on a regular basis. Thank you again. If you have any questions, please free to ask.

      Delete
  2. "I know how to tie my shoe. I make a loop and push it through. Sometimes it's hard to make it stay because my thumb gets in the way." You set me off on a memory, Susie. Learning to tie a shoe is a big accomplishment! There's so much fun on this card. Love the idea of different critters to fly the plane, and how the die cuts them. Very clever, and certainly an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your brought a smile to my face tonight Leslie with your memory. That's the wonderful part of this hobby - the memories and stories that come to mind while creating. For me it's a two-fer!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature