Sunday, February 11, 2018

Floral Trimmings

Can I just say right out of the gate how much I enjoyed creating this card.  I'm not sure what appeals to me the most.  Is it the scrolls from Memory Box, the new Mix & Mat frame from PaperTrey Ink, or the lovely strip of florals from another new-to-me company, Studio Katia called, Floral Trimmings.  This delightful stamp set comes with two strips of florals - oh the giddiness of it!  That's two full strips of beautiful floral illustrations to color.
One of the things I love about the Mix & Mat is the value.  These great dies include an Outer Frame, Inner Frame, AND an Inlay!  I used the inlay on this card and gave you a closer look.   My florals are watercolored with Zig Clean Color Real Watercolor Brushes.  And the piece that ties it together?  One of the newest Simon Says Stamp word dies that includes a companion shadow die.  I laid the die right in the middle of the finished floral piece, took a breath, and cut.  I cut a second time using white card stock and inlayed the word right into the spot I had just cut - Perfection!
What would you create with this lovely set?

Sincerely,
Susie ~
2 comments on "Floral Trimmings"
  1. Another company I've never heard of! I really need to get out more. Thinking I must have a rather limited view. However do you find all this stuff? You're doing a beautiful job of getting the word out. Oh, yes, those two floral strips are heaven, and you know how I love floral anything. You have the vision to see how lovely these stamps would be on a card, and you certainly did make a beautiful card! How delighted I am to be seeing your more frequent posts! BTW, I remembered to click "notify me" this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found them through Simon Says Stamp. I think she is still a small company. I saw this set used as a shaker card and it was beautiful! I also think it would make a lovely bookmark. Let's face it, if it's floral, feminine, and pink -- I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature