Monday, February 19, 2018

Framing Sentiments & Images -- Papertrey Ink Make It Monday

Hi friends!

I had a long weekend in my craft room to just fiddle around.  A little of this, a little of that.  The joy of art for me is the "whole" does that make sense.  I love fiddling, fussy cutting, arranging and re-arranging; finding things I had tucked away for a rainy day.  This weekend I pulled out a coloring book and thumbed through the pages.   Normally I don't color the entire page, instead I cut out the images I want to color  - hmm, what can I make with this?   I fussy cut all the flower pots sitting on a shelf, and the two pots that looked as if they might be sitting on a window ledge.  I colored them with Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils then laid it all aside to think on it.
 
 This morning on Papertrey Ink Make it Monday, Laurie Schmidlin, shared her ideas and cards for Framing Sentiments & Images   The aha moment!  I thought about our garden center and the pretty outdoor vignettes.  The patterned paper I had chose looked like tile to me so I decided to use that as a "background wall" with potted succulents and spring flowers.   Everything was colored so it was only a matter of putting it together.  I used a pretty square frame from the Papertrey Ink set, Take Note. and framed the larger flower pots.   I stamped the sentiment Counting my blessings from Papertrey Ink stamp set, Gratitude Journal.  This is an older set from 2011 and may be retired now, but I thought it was prefect for this card.    I thought it might be nice to include this card with a potted plant for my neighbor.  She is such a blessing and has been sick with the flu - she needs a dose of kindness (maybe some zucchini bread too).   If I had thought about it before I had finished I would have stitched around the first panel - next time.
This card came together so quickly I had time to fiddle around some more *haha*  I cut out several more images from the page and will color them this week.
Hope your weekend was a restful one.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
1 comment on "Framing Sentiments & Images -- Papertrey Ink Make It Monday"
  1. That's the cutest coloring page, and what you have coming up for future coloring is pretty darn cute, too! I just love this type of image -- pretty, but with a touch of whimsy. The card you made is an absolute delight with all the color and good cheer. Beautiful use of those pencils. You're a good neighbor, and I know your gift and upbeat card will be appreciated. Your day of fiddling sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature