Saturday, February 17, 2018

Kindness

Happy Saturday!

One of the quick and easiest ways to create a lovely card is to use patterned papers with coordinating ephemera, a sketch layout of your choice, and before you know it - Voila!   One way to keep these items handy is to subscribe to a monthly card kit.  There is no obligation to purchase every month either (I appreciate that).   And, let's face it, as much as we all like to spend time in our craft rooms, there are times we just want to relax and have fun without an end result in mind.  Monthly card kits can be that quick recipe staple when you need it.


Today I decided to take my own advice.   I took out my Simon Says Stamp November Card Kit, Kind Flowers.  I also used the January 2018 Papertrey Ink Sketch layouts.   Each month Papertrey Ink provides a download of color palettes and sketch layouts that really get that mojo in gear.  Sign up for their newsletter so you don't miss out.   Some simple layering, added dimension, ribbon, and a little sparkle of sequins produced two lovely cards from one kit.  That's value added in my book.  It's a simple recipe that packs a punch!   A perfect springtime duo for any occasion.

Sincerely,
Susie ~
1 comment on "Kindness"
  1. Goodness, you've produced two very different cards from one kit and I adore both! The delicate blush pink is so soft and lovely, but I also have a fondness for shades of brown. Beautiful stamps! I appreciate you sharing your sources of inspiration. These are both certainly beautiful color palettes. I also love the bird in your photograph. I tend to collect birds and fear I may end up with too many.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature