Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sweet Perfection

Hey everyone!
Back today sharing a new wafer die from the Simon Says Stamp LOVE collection called, Perfection.  This new word die comes with a background or shadow die - so two for the price of one.   I put away all my Christmas, and pulled out all my Valentine papers, ephemera, and dies.  I started by going through some papers I had on hand, along with some frames and borders I had previously cut and put away by color/theme.   Recently I started creating my own inspiration boards; having colors, patterns, frames, and borders pre-cut has really come in handy.  Now I can move them around until I'm happy with all the details.  Once I am, I put the rest away and start with only the items needed to put the card together.  Wow, I love it when a plan comes together!
When you're cutting your paper don't forget to cut out a few of the central theme motifs to use as decorative elements.  I like the layout above with the little dump truck full of love, but think I'll come back to this layout another time.  When I do, I will place some red between the white and vellum and off-set it for added contrast.  For now, I've settled on the design below.
Using solid red, I cut the word perfection a second time and off-set it under the white and on top of the vellum.  I also changed the border and off-set it too.  Instead of using the dump truck, I cut out the little telephone and popped it up, and added the heart at the bottom left with a little sequin.  I wanted something to repeat the heart in the sentiment and the heart in the upper right near the typewriter.  The sentiment is stamped using the Hello Beautiful stamp set from Simon Says Stamp on one of the smaller Romantic Rectangles die from Spellbinders.  I used the Monthly Moment Journal Card 2 die from Papertrey Ink to cut out my small valentine motif patterned paper panel.
So there you have it.  I didn't have to look far for items that would compliment the card because I had pulled them earlier.  Layers of patterned paper in pinks and reds, stripes and plaids, and little valentine motifs that proclaim, You Are Sweet Perfection!

Sincerely,
Susie ~
1 comment on "Sweet Perfection"
  1. Looking at all your goodies, reading about the process, and then seeing the finished card I can feel the joy of crafting Valentines. Just look at all the fun here! It takes me right back to childhood, but, oh, so much more sophisticated. Those papers are darling, and so many cute parts! Susie, this is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature