Friday, February 2, 2018

Smitten

Hello February,

You arrive clothed in pinks and reds, dipped in chocolate and wrapped in lace filled hearts.  You brighten the dull winter days while valentines and cupids fill our frosty windows.  Hi friends!  I'm sharing a sweet Valentine card today that's layered with hearts, flowers, scallops, and a tiny golden arrow straight to the heart!

I played with some Bits & Pieces: Love Coupon from a new-to-me company, Precious Remembrance Shop.  A 53 piece bag of goodies you can use to embellish your scrapbook designs, cards, or projects.
I cut two scalloped panels using Wplus9 Layered Sunshine die.  One cut from ivory card stock and one from some Valentine patterned paper.  The smallest panel is a fancy rectangle from Spellbinders which I layered with More Fresh Cuts from Wplus9  The little flowers are inked in Razzle Berry and Sour Apple from MFTs, and Lipstick Red and Leaf Green from Simon Says Stamp.  I chose one of the horizontal banners from the bits & pieces bag from the Precious Remembrance Shop, popped it up and laid it across the flowers.  I also chose several hearts and trimmed the outside circle with a gold leaf pen.  The little gold arrow is from a Impression Obsession Cupids die set.  The sentiment is from another Precious Remembrance Shop set called, Sweet Pea.  To be honest I now wish I would have used a more bold simple sentiment - next time.


A few sequins finish this feminine layered Valentine card.  I think I'm smitten how about you?


Sincerely,
Susie ~



3 comments on "Smitten"
  1. I'm completely smitten, but I always am with your cards! Thoughtfully designed with lots of lovely details, but never too much. You're truly gifted, Susie. I've never heard of this company, but now I've been over there looking. This is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Leslie. I am so touched by your comment - it brought such a smile to my face. Isn't this company interesting? I think I'm seeing a slight turn back to card designs that are showing layers, patterns, and the use of ephemera. Have you noticed any new trends?

      Delete
    2. Susie, I'm about the least trend-conscious person imaginable. You know I love playing with paper, but I also love clean and simple. I'm truly glad, though, that designer paper has not lost its popularity. If anything, I notice a trend toward a lighter, fresher look. Not so much vintage, dark and somber. As always, it's important to me to give a card design interest, but keep it easy to mail. That's exactly what you've done here. You're so good!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature